upgrades

Joshua

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to powerstroke. I was wondering if there is a kit that does not void any of the warranties while still maintaining the legal status of the vehicle and improves the mpg and performance?

Thank you

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No, rumor has it that Ford can tell if you used a tuner or a chip. You just spent a lot of money and you need the warranty, given the cost of repairs. I would leave it stock until your warranty is up. I did and I still do not have any performance enhancing mods. The choice is yours.

Dave

Last edited:

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm weird. I haven't felt the urge to modify mine yet. And I modify everything I own. I managed 22mpg coming back from Santa Clarita on Sunday. And I wasn't being nice to the gas pedal.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 WD, 4 WD, Stock Tires ?????

What rear-end gears ?????

Joe

Joshua

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
3.55 and all stock 4whl tires are the recommended size they are new.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the maintenance history of the truck? I get down to 12mpg when driving in city. But that's if I'm stuck in a lot of traffic. If I do my work commute and nothing else I'm around 13mpg. Which really isn't far off from your 12mpg. And yesterday coming back from Az I was just under 17mpg. I have a pretty big mountain to get over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58