Upgrading the Tranny for power?

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hi,

Currently only have a Bullydog PMT. Ive noticed since I bought the truck 40,000 KM ago my 4th gear is a soft or slow shift. short delay. Im thinking about having it proactively rebuilt this summer when I have money and before next plow season. What can be done to give the tranny some extra beefiness for my chip? I don't want to go crazy adding things that are unnecessary, as I am not going to add any other power mods, just things that will make it able to handle the power a little better.

Cheers
Jeff

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
have your tune written so that it increases the line pressure to hold the clutch packs together tighter. this will help. i also have a stiffer spring in my pump along with tuning.

the suncoast rebuild kit is very affordable , under 900 bucks, and comes w/all new frictions and steels, and lots of other goodies to beef up the torqshift..
after smoking 3 tranny's i'm learning what to do to make them last !

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
have your tune written so that it increases the line pressure to hold the clutch packs together tighter. this will help. i also have a stiffer spring in my pump along with tuning.

the suncoast rebuild kit is very affordable , under 900 bucks, and comes w/all new frictions and steels, and lots of other goodies to beef up the torqshift..
after smoking 3 tranny's i'm learning what to do to make them last !

Hey lv, you got any part #'s or links to those rebuild kits?

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Get a BTS transmission, and be done with it. You'll never have to worry about your tranny again, and it's got the best warranty you will find. (lifetime, call them for details)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14