us diesel chips

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
Once again i was just browsing and i had heard of these chips called "workhorse" by us diesel. a guy here in town sells them so just for grins i thought i would check them out. They say that they can add this power without any need to have intake, exhaust, or gauges because the temps do not raise with this chip because they don't over fuel. I know that Dr. performance says that they dont overfuel.... but it seems a bit much to tell people they have no reason for upgrades especially gauges. well i guess i was just wondering if anyone knew anything of these chips just out of curiosty

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I as a diesel technician have no idea how you can increase power without adding fuel. Sure you can advance the timing and maybe a few other tweaks, but any significant increase in power requires more fuel. :dunno

I think my brother checked into them a few years ago, talked to a guy and could not get him to say what his module DOES. Basically I think this setup is a sensor / ECM "fooler" that makes the ECM think pressures, etc are lower than they are. I recall the guy admitted that it DOES raise fuel pressure. If my understanding of pressure and flow is correct, higher fuel pressure will also lead to more fuel injected.

Basically you should RUN from this kind of stuff and get something that is PROVEN. :sweet

edit: besides the fact that that module is EXPENSIVE compared to the others...

Last edited:

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
i couldnt figure it out either. yeah i noticed they were pretty spendy and like you said you can get proven custom tunes and such much cheaper. like i said thought it was odd that they could tell people there was no need to monitor truck parameters

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
well i emailed these people and said what kind of guarantee is there that my egt's wont exceed the limit like you are saying and they emailed me back and said i should use a pyro to monitor them. so i shoot one back and said that i thought you said i dont need one with this chip....oh yeah thats correct. now they want to know if they can call me. just havin a little fun with these guys tryin to cover their a**es

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14