New Member :usa New Owner/Member - Castle Rock, CO

Terradactyl1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hello folks
I am a proud new owner of a 2000 F250 with 7.3L PSD CCSB 4x4 w/6 speed manual Trans. Said Super Duty has been named OWEN and has approximately 250K on the odometer. It has been a North Texas truck for all of its life and seems to have very little rust. It runs well. The only problem that I have found thus far is that Owen likes to drip oil out of the left side of the engine when parked and turned off. He will need new shocks pretty quick and some form of tool box and bed liner.

I was referred to this site by a member of the Ih8mud site. He had very good things to say reference the knowledge and decency of the member on Super Duty Diesel.

My experiences with Ford trucks began with a 68 F250 camper special that my dad had on our farm in Texas. It was a durable and reliable truck. I then went in the military and became enamored with Toyota Land Cruisers. Recently I decided to sell my 1997 FZJ-80 Land Cruiser and buy a truck to camp/haul motorcycles (dirt) with. I went back to my roots and found Owen. My experience with diesels have been limited to tractors and military multi-fuel. I could use all of the knowledge that I can get on the subject. On the Land Cruisers I was generally about a four banana mechanic.

I live in Castle Rock Colorado area and work as a professional Airplane/Helo Pilot. I love my Wife, Three Kids, Dog and Kat! My hobbies and interests include aviation, hunting, fishing, camping, four-wheeling, guns, knifes and motorcycles to name a few.

I appreciate y'all having me here and hope to contribute as I become more knowledgeable on the Ford Super Duty!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome Terradactyl1. I l ike all of your hobbies. I am not a helo pilot but an SEL pilot. I like shooting and four wheeling.

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELCOME ABOARD ;tu;tu

Glad you found us !

Lotsa good folks here, with a TON of Dezel knowledge.

Joe

Terradactyl1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Joe - Thanks for letting me in here ... you guys obviously have some pretty low standards! I need all of the Dezel knowledge that I can get!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WELCOME ABOARD, Glad you found us. Your wrong, we have real High standards. You being from TX before you were from CO. was what got you over the line.
Oh and another thing, a lot of us are full of BS so don't let that scare you off. Thanks for your Service to Our Country.
Can you see where the oil is leaking from when it's turned off, and when you say left side you are talking about the drivers side of the truck? Right.
OK, it's getting late here and I am out of here.
Doug

Terradactyl1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
WD 40 I am a Texan - Company transferred me to CO. Love the state ... hate the politics ... Standards! Good to see stantards still alive in the USA. The drip is coming from the passenger side ... I haven't had time yet but when i do I'm gonna simple green it and get down to brass tacks. I see that you are from El Valle Tambien (McAllen) I lived/worked that about 6 years ago for 4.5 years. Made alot of friends there!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Post up pics of your 2000 F250 on the forums so we can take a look at it.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I retired about 10 years ago and we started going down there around Christmas or before for 3 or
4 mo's. Should be there now but wife is have some health issues that's keeping us in Arkansas
this year. Ok, passenger side is going to be the right side when talking about our trucks or just
about anything you can drive. Our 7.3 guys should be able to pinpoint this for you. Good Luck.
Doug

Terradactyl1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Roger that WD - Sorry that you didn't get down to the Valley this year. Good time to be fishing at South Padre or eating at Lonestar BBQ! I am not in the Bahamas anymore ... must remember that the RIGHT side is the passenger side! LOL!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14