Usable Grommet on Firewall?

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing an amp install. I can't find anywhere on the firewall to run the power wire. Any suggestions?

Also, since they both read 12V, I suppose it doesn't matter which battery I tap it to, right?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i know that in my 2004, there is a big grommet in the floor close to the go fast pedal. i have used it to run wiring for lights, airline, etc.

just cut a small hole into it and you could a thick double sided tape or silicone to seal it up when your done.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Will your amps be behind the rear seat???

I ran some power through the rear vents, under the chasis and up to the battery. Every thing was in loom to prevent chaffing.

Tbar

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Tbar said:
Will your amps be behind the rear seat???

I ran some power through the rear vents, under the chasis and up to the battery. Every thing was in loom to prevent chaffing.

Tbar

yep, i would say that is one way to do it too:eek:

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha .... thanks for the help guys. I ended up getting pissed after looking for an hour and drilled a hole in the firewall. I'll have to go back and get a grommet to slap in there, though.

SeventyMach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next question.

How do you install an amp with the factory HU? Is there a harness-to-RCA convertor that I can buy? Oh ..... and I have a place on my amp that says "SYSTEM WIRE". What wire should I be splicing that to?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14