Used Lift kit? How much to pay?

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a friend that has a Skyjacker 6" lift that fits a 05/06 Superduty. He took it off before he traded the truck in. Everything is there; it wasn't on the truck for even 6 months. He said he paid (He thinks) about $1,800.00 for it without installation. He told me he would give me a deal on it. It's been sitting at a shop for a year. He told me to make him an offer. How much would it be worth? How much should I offer?

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Offer him 50% of the cost and see what he says. It is better than sitting in his shop.

Dave

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I see two options for a new 6" skyjacker kit

#1 "kit" part# f5651k $1022.99
#2 "system" part# F5651ks $1564.99

I believe that #2 the "system" comes with shocks

These prices were on page 60 of the July issue of Off-Road Adventures Magzine.

Keep in mind with a used lift kit, first of all it is USED, will the manufacturer's warranty transfer to 2nd owner, are ALL bolts, fsteners and retainers included and in good condition, and make sure you thouroughly inspect each piece just to make sure that there are no visible problems, ie..stress fractures/cracks, no rust, no "modifications" to the components, etc...

If everything checks out, and looks good, I would offer him $750, as it is used, and items such as shocks do wear out.

Hope this helps, it's just my :2c

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was on a Street Truck, it never seen the mud. The Kit includes Rear Springs and Four Shocks, Driveshaft Center Bearing Shims. He had a real nice set-up.

munchie

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You couldn't give me that kit! Tell him to pay you and you'll take it away for scrap.

irish4x4

Mayor of Margaritaville
Reaction score

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14