comment used transmission fluid for fuel?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
15 flushes a day??? business must be booming out on the west coast, the dealership i work for only does 1-2 per week.

check your maintenance schedules, bro...
preventive maintenance is the stuff you do so you DON'T have trouble with it.

mrpowerstrokeman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
in the winter we cut it back to probably only 5 gallons of atf in a tank, ive seen people run 50/50 in the winter and have no problems if their truck is plugged in but if not they have to cycle the key 2-3 times.

your dealership is only running one or two transmission services a week????? how many techs are in your shop?? do you upsale transmission services??? they are gravey money:) 30K services???

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
check your maintenance schedules, bro...
preventive maintenance is the stuff you do so you DON'T have trouble with it.

you dont have to tell me!

your dealership is only running one or two transmission services a week????? how many techs are in your shop?? do you upsale transmission services??? they are gravey money:) 30K services???

32 bay shop (2 buildings), open 6 days from 7am - 10pm. since 9/11 we have been getting slower and slower....there wasnt enough engine oil changes this winter to keep our waste oil burners running. we had to buy a total of 2000 gallons this winter. previous years we would give excess away to other shops in need.

we try to upsell EVERYTHING, and as of late with the exception of a few good local guys we havent had much luck. if the truck still moves its going. if its not moving we can fix the bare minimum to get it moving again. really its myself and one other guy who deal with the autos, as we are a freightliner dealer and most are manual trannies. STILL.....we have a huge customer base that has autos, and when the interval comes up or the fluid looks burnt we try to upsell...... :dunno

mrpowerstrokeman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i work at a large ford dealer that has a large customer base also ford sells what is called esp maintaince plans (like a extended warrenty for maintaince) which covers all maintaince and our dealer sells these plans a lot so there for all these services are now paid. all the customer does is bring their vehicles in and it is already paid for. and yes like everywhere else we are slow too. then fuel barrel has been on the empty side all winter.

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used transmission fluid

In the older generation diesels, you can burn just about anything, the 6.0 is the first of the new generation diesels. If you burn anything other than the recommendation you are going to have trouble. This generation of diesel engine is a precision piece of equipment and you are rolling the dice with mixing any oil with the fuel. EGR problems, injector problems, your poison. IMO alot of the bad rep the 6.0 got was due to these "old practices" continuing on to the new generation diesel. I feel sorry for the techs that have to diagnose trouble when this type of fuel is used.

mrpowerstrokeman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i understand what you are saying if you read this entire blog you will see that i dont drive a 6.0l i drive a 7.3 and i work on these diesals everyday, and that i know of the problems with 6.0's and egr valves and injector failure.

people seriously should read about what is talked about before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

Jetpilot1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont be a d*ck

You asked what people use on their trucks, not specifically 7.3's, i drive a 6.0, so thats what i responded to. You should really pay attention to your own thread before you blow off.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Between my East Texas neighbor and myself we probably have between 2-300 gallons of used motor oil, tranny fluid, hydraulic oil, gear lube and old diesel all mixed together. I spent all day yesterday emptying forty-two(42) 1-qt, 1-gal, 2-gal, 5-gal plastic containers of accumulated used oil from the trucks, tractors, gen sets ect into steel barrels. Threw the plastic empties into the burn barrel and WOW.........that was a hot fire !!! :eek:

Sure wish we could find a way to use this old oil......... :dunno

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg