Used truck purchase, First service Question!

HostileWes

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So i got this used truck with some miles on it. Got it home and have not touched it. Of course i have no idea the last time it has been serviced. So i have been reading around here and have a game plan together. Im going to get a few things from the DieselSite tonight or tommorrow to be delivered to when i get home i can do it up. I have always used Mobil 1 in my 99 and 93 Cobra and my C-Series Benz. So im not going to change now with fluids. Ill be using there Turbo Diesel Oil and Trans Fluid along with rear end gear oil. All synthetic. Dieselsite Coolant filter kit and trans fluid filter. Interior and exterior for the trans anlong with the V10 cooler. Im going to get that oil change valve for the pan to make that a little easer. And i was going to change the fuel filter. with the one that comes with the cap already on it since reading about the issues about them getting worn out and not sealing right.

So now that im looking at a $500 service, is there anything that i am missing or need to use dirently beore i order this and rip into it. i have never worked on a diesel before so any thought would be welcome as to the parts or the process.-popcorn

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
looks like you got it covered..
if it's a 4wd, which I surmise it's not, you didn't mention front diff or transfer case, you'd want to change those as long as you're dragging a drain pan around underneath it..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14