Using new veggie oil

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Unburned veggie oil tends to coke up the injector tips causing an uneven spray pattern. To be safe it really should be heated to temps that are specd for WVO burning but should be flushed out with pump Diesel prior to shutdown as mentioned.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys finding new virgin oil for that cheap? Around here, a 35 pound jug will cost you 25 - 30 bucks depending on type.

I have looked for cheap new oil to run in a dual tank setup, but not have not been able to find any either.

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
So if I ran virgin oil in my truck does this mean that additives are not necessary?? No 2-stroke oil (why would you?), no Diesel Kleen???

banana

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unburned veggie oil tends to coke up the injector tips causing an uneven spray pattern. To be safe it really should be heated to temps that are specd for WVO burning but should be flushed out with pump Diesel prior to shutdown as mentioned.
do you happen to know the temp it should be? I am trying to research this b-4 I make an expensive mistake.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i have and still do run virgin peanut or clear cooking oil when i can get it
used turkey oil after its filtered to 1 micron

dillutted to about a 5 gallons of oil to 30 of fuel
seems to run oky doky even when its chilly out

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
do you happen to know the temp it should be? I am trying to research this b-4 I make an expensive mistake.
"They" say 160-180*F before the IP, but PSDs don't have IPs. Having a common rail system provides last minute heat to the oil. :sly Having said that, only run WVO in a hot engine.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I ran wvo blended with pump diesel(at about 10-20%) in our Excursion in July 2006 but it was over 100 degrees the whole time we ran it but it ran well.

I wouldn't mind trying it again this summer but I need to upgrade the fuel pump system on the truck first.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a guy that is going to sell some clean WVO for .75 a gallon already cleaned and filtered. The only deal is that I have to buy 500 gallons at a time. Lookin really hard ran WVO before with out a heater but reading this is making me nervous. Were can you find a good heater. Don't really want to run 2 tanks but will place an inline heater. What about if you thin out the WVO with diesel mixture?

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
SVO should not be introduced into the engine under 160- deg f.
Better yet not at all! My Opinion.
Rick H...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl