UVC harness pinout

SMOKNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did the following today:

-Put factory early 99 computer back in. No start.
-checked EBPV, it was open
-had fuel pressure, but my adaptor for hooking the gauge up broke, gotta get a new one, but there was pressure there
-pinned out all injectors and glow plugs, all injectors at 3 ohms, all glow plugs at .6 ohms to ground
-pulled valve covers and turned over motor. 3 injectors firing on Drivers side (the front one was not firing) and 1 injector firing on passenger side (only the front one) I attempted to get voltage readings from the injector harness while cranking over but could not pick up the pulses on either AC or DC with my Fluke 77. I say firing, but I meant visible oil discharging from them. I assume the ones with no oil are not firing.
-HPOP resevoir is full.

Does this narrow it down to the IDM? Where is it and how do I remove it. Any way to test it? Where can I get a new one?

Bill

Last edited:

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is just a thought...could it me the cam position sensor? My truck would sorta start, then if it did start would die again, soon after. When I was cranking on it, it did "want" to start like you've written. Just a thought maybe off base.:dunno

early 99 stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the cps is a good thing to try out.there only 25 bucks...it did sound like she gelled on you as well...just cause the bowl fills doesnt mean its good...4psi can fill a bowl..need at least 10 PSI to make her fire up and idle...you really need to get the fuel PSI gauge on there..if it sat that long and did indeed gell..you may need to drop the tanks and clean out the screen in there as well as pull the fuel pump and clean the screen on inlet side..by now any wax that was in there is now hard as a rock..

SMOKNZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got it running. I only had 4 injectors working so I sprayed a little starting fluid in the intake and fired her up and reved it up some. It blew som black smoke and then a couple of dead injectors started working, then they all worked. Maybe I ran low on oil (I was 2 quarts low) and the HPOP didn't get all the oil it needed and somehow made some of the poppet valves in the injectors lock up. They all work now and I ran it several times cold, started fine!! ;tu

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14