UVC Troubles

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all my trouble I gave up and went to my local steelership and had them do their thing. They came up with a bad connection on the passenger UVC harness. Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know you guys are all callin me an idiot for not checkin it myself. On to the next step, can you guys tell me exactly what to look for once I get the cover off in hopes that I don't need to install the $90 harness I bought that maybe I can salvage the one I've got.
Thanks guys!

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
After all my trouble I gave up and went to my local steelership and had them do their thing. They came up with a bad connection on the passenger UVC harness. Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know you guys are all callin me an idiot for not checkin it myself. On to the next step, can you guys tell me exactly what to look for once I get the cover off in hopes that I don't need to install the $90 harness I bought that maybe I can salvage the one I've got.
Thanks guys!

Harnesses can be had for less than that either thru powerstrokeshop.com or even an IH parts place. Ford admitted they had a problem a while back in the area of the UVC connectors coming apart. They came out with some little plastic wedges that lock the connectors together so they don't come apart.

Under Valve Cover Harness Comes Disconnected, 98.5 and newer:
Engine serial numbers 0661894 and higher (98.5> E-van, 99> F-SuperDuty, 00> Excursion and F650/750) may have intermittent rough running, misfire or glow plug monitor concerns and/or trouble codes. This could be due to a loose connection between the UVC harness and valve cover gasket, resulting from a relaxed or distorted UVC harness connector lock. The connection between the UVC harness and gasket should be inspected, and if is found to be loose with no other damage (burnt terminals, melted connector shell), install locking clip P/N 2C3Z-14A163-AB. Retest to ensure that all symptoms have been resolved. Broadcast Message 3777

But the question is: did the stealership actually pull the VC off or did they just hook a scanner up and say that is what the problem is? Your solution may be as simple as pulling the VC off and pushing the UVC halves back together.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
as long as it's the left side, it's a walk in the park.

the right side you have to finargle around a little to get it off, but it's not that bad..

I'd just go to wedgin' it back together and say a Hail Mary..

forumpete58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All they did was hook a scanner up to it, charge me $80 and say I had a bad connection. They wanted to charge me another $250 to reconnect the damn thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14