V6 4.5 powerstroke ?

uloadit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the first v6 powerstroke that I ever seen - is a 6.0 minus two cylinders.. The problem is the code said ( number 2 cylinder below normal or shorted) the thing is when I shout it down and take the key out I can hear the injector or something that sounds like that clicking for about 15 seconds than stops. Go to restart and it has a little hard time starting back up and runs like it has a skip to it.as I am driving it down the road on acceleration it will skip for a little or about 5 miles then stop run good for a long time shut it off and I can here the clicking for 15 sec then it shuts off .If it has a short why is it clicking when I sut it iff and pull the key out new to this one

Last edited:

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
dunno man..
What is that? An export truck?
What year is it? Country of origin?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
o hell..
an LCF..
it's a Navistar VT275 engine..
dunno what the clicking noise would be, but if it's throwing an injector code, fix what you know is broke first..

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6.0L did that when you turned off the truck. Ford said it was clearing the injectors of fuel. Mine was fixed with a update in software. On the other bad injector???

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
So this is one of those "snub nosed" trucks? Like an Izuzu with the cab over the motor? Didnt think they made a mini powerstroke??

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It is not a Ford motor, it is an International motor (Navistar?). So I don't think you will ever see in a mini Powerstroke, or whatever. Ford and International had a small battle a few years ago and there is no more cooperation between these two companies.

Dave

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
So this is one of those "snub nosed" trucks? Like an Izuzu with the cab over the motor? Didnt think they made a mini powerstroke??

'urban delivery' is the term they use..
Iveco, Isuzu, Mack & MB all have versions, I think all made by Iveco with the Isuzu engine...
The International is now called the City Star.
And yes, it's a 6.slow-based engine.. with two of the middle cylinders chopped out of it..
so diagnostic schemes you are familiar with still apply..

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
NO...It's a production made mexican lawn truck.
:sorry

we call them "noodle trucks" up here, because they're so popular with restaurant supply companies... and you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a Chinese restaurant :coffee

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58