Vacuum pump ???

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
i had the same problem and was advised from this site to remove the pump, and drill the small hole, (i beleive it is inside where one of the lines attach) i drilled it 1/16th larger and the loss of steering while braking is fixed as well as no steering at low rpm.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the same problem and was advised from this site to remove the pump, and drill the small hole, (i beleive it is inside where one of the lines attach) i drilled it 1/16th larger and the loss of steering while braking is fixed as well as no steering at low rpm.

WONDERFUL !

atomicglock

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds promising. Anybody got the link.

Howard

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
i remember the info came from Mastertech and it was not this site, it was at oil burners. i tried to search for it but no luck.

Last edited:

atomicglock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I registered on the site and checked out the link. No offence but, it's a little light on the details. Anybody have better instructions... preferably with pics.:)

Howard

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
no offense taken, when the power steering pump is on the bench it will be easy to see and understand which fitting to drill.

where in mass are you? i grew up on cape cod and then moved to nantucket when i was 17. moved to va in 2000.

Last edited:

atomicglock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no offense taken, when the power steering pump is on the bench it will be easy to see and understand which fitting to drill.

where in mass are you? i grew up on cape cod and then moved to nantucket when i was 17. moved to va in 2000.

Ok, that helps a little. I'd actually be drilling on the pump itself, not the hose. I'm assuming there must be some flush procedure to clean out the filings? In your opinion, what size drill bit would you recommend?

I live in Montague. It's a small town about 30 mi. north of Springfield in central MA.

Howard

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
if i remember right, the fitting is removable so no filings in the pump. i do not recall the hole size but i went about 1/16th larger than origonal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58