Vacuum to front hubs

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
My auto hubs don't work in auto mode. They work if I turn hubs in manually. I have a hand vacuum tester and hubs engage when I put vacuum on the line to hubs and I have vacuum from pump to vacuum switch on inner fender. The switch has three wires on connector with the middle having 12 volts. Is the switch on the dash suppost to send juice to one of the other wires to make the vacuum switch work? Is it fused somewere? Sure is nice when they work without having to get out.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Did you check to see if you have vacuum at the hubs and then flip the switch and check it again. Usually there is a broken or loose vacuum hose at the front wheel. I have not heard of the vacuum/electric solenoid going bad, but I am sure they do.

Dave ;tu

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Checked for broken or loose lines but from switch to hubs it holds vacuum. If the switch has 3 wires and the middle is hot is one ground and one switched 12v?

RJDiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the auto hub problem on my F250 also, when I engage the switch my hubs will engage but after about 10-20seconds the hub disengages, we found a small vacuum leak and will be replacing the seals in the spring.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
Have a friend that copied me the mitchell manual on auto hubs and ended up being 141 pages of in depth detailed trouble shooting. From what I have found out so far I think my gem module is bad or a connection to or from it. Thanks to Ford for putting manual locks on too. Think I'll wait till it warms up then work on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58