Valentines Day, what went wrong???

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Valentine's Day: Upon further review .. :rolleyes:

Your fourth-grade teacher told you that the best way to prevent mistakes in the future was to learn from the mistakes you'd already made.

So the day after Valentine's Day seems a good time to explore, fellas, What Went Wrong.

You can tell something went wrong last night since you woke up in the bed of your truck. ( (Probably not the first time for most of us) :roflmao ) This is the surest indication that, as far as your sweetie is concerned, your savoir was not faire.

Next year, remember that ...

* No. 1: ... It's a bad idea to wait until Valentine's Day to order roses. And there was no chance -- none -- that she wasn't gonna notice that those blooms you presented to her last night are made of rice paper.

* No. 2: Chocolate, in one form or another, is indispensable on Valentine's Day. Had you taken the simple precaution of securing a bag of Hershey's Kisses while you were in the 7-Eleven looking for the last valentine card ("Happy Valentine's Day to My Dear Grandmother"), you could have saved yourself bunking with Fido, Maxie and Cujo.

* No. 3: Just because it says "wine" on the label doesn't mean it's romantic. And this pretty much applies to any wine that says "Boone's Farm."

* No. 4: I may be generalizing here, but most women are not going to react well to receiving a fire-engine red polyester teddy from the dollar store.

* No. 5: You know all of the romantic habits you've developed since you got married? Break them.

* No. 6: Some women don't like facial hair on any guy they're expected to kiss. It's always a good idea to ask.

* No. 7: Valentine's Day is about fantasy, not about gravity. Get rid of those comfort-fit jeans.

* No. 8: You're not Elizabeth Barrett Browning; leave the poesy to Hallmark.

* No. 9: In general, ordering spareribs covered with barbecue sauce is a bad dining strategy, romance-wise.

* No. 10: Take off the damn baseball cap when you go to bed.

* No. 11: Country music about a man leaving a woman, particularly at the altar, will not take you where you want to go.

* No. 12: On the other hand, a country song about a man losing his pickup is an innovative Valentine's Day wooing strategy.

* No. 13: Comparing one's current valentine with one's past valentines is the royal road to having no valentine.

* No. 14: The name's Cupid, not Stupid.

* No. 15: I looked it up: You don't get a pass on Valentine's Day evening just because that's your bowling league night.

* No. 16: If you take your valentine to a Valentine's Day dance, it's generally expected that you will dance. With her.

* No. 17: St. Valentine was canonized by the Catholic Church in the fifth century, and his feast day has been celebrated on Feb. 14 for almost as long. Your excuse that you didn't know when Valentine's Day was is too feeble for comment.

* No. 18: Tell me, please, that you didn't think giving your valentine a router was really gonna work.

* No. 19: I don't care if you snore the rest of the year; restrain yourself on Valentine's Day evening.

* No. 20: It's sweetheart, dog and truck, in that order. Only one of the aforementioned can be your valentine, and you don't get any clues which one. (Ok, were all screwed! :eek: )

Barrett

TexasExcursion

GOD Bless America!
Reaction score
architect-builder said:
Valentine's Day: Upon further review .. :rolleyes:

Your fourth-grade teacher told you that the best way to prevent mistakes in the future was to learn from the mistakes you'd already made.

Last year my wife and I had a heart to heart about Valentines Day. I told her I hated buying her flowers on Valentines because the price was tripled. She readily agreed and said it was a ripoff (she genuinely agreed). Well, I took that to mean we weren't celebrating Valentines Day at all. No card, no chocolate, not even a "Happy Valentines Day, Honey." Nothing.

Well, needless to say I was in the jewelry store on February 15th with all the other poor dumb bastards who neglected this oh-so important female holiday. The $60 I could've spent on a dozen long-stems was trampled by the $250 necklace--or whatever it was--that I bought her the day after.

This year: I had her present wrapped and waiting for her on Valentines morning. Even got her a card. :thumbs

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
#21 when she tells you she loves you for who you are, and please dont get me a card or a gift.... LISTEN to her :confused:
I did the right husband thing and got here a nice card and a neat gift, presented it to her as I left for work, she got upset at me......
:confused: :confused: so i left for work being mad at.

moral of the story....... We are men, we cant help but do the wrong thing, its our nature, we act like school kids.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
#22 Card and flowers are expected to be in the kitchen waiting for her the morning of, not later that night. Even though it is still Valentine's Day at 5pm you are too late and in trouble before the sun goes down.

Rex-a-FORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soooooooooo, are you saying.......you just date girls for looks, but you'd rather date guys...........:D :rolleyes: :D

smokyred

SDD Wannabe Mod #2
Reaction score
hheynow said:
At your age you'll do great at http://www.myspace.com. :cool:

Just what are you suggesting hheynow? I happen to be on myspace! :cool:

Though becoming single just before Valetime's day is a sure way to save some money, unless you stuck being married, of course. :roflmao :roflmao

Oh and Rex-a-FORD, where do you come up with an idea like that? That's harsh!! :eek:

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14