Valve Cover Removal

skertin3rd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It is really not that difficult. I just did a set of injectors and have been removing and installing the covers for various diagnostic problems. you have to remove the oil fill cap to get the intercooler pipe out. Move the water hoses out of the way (i put mine around the map sensor) pull the hose that goes from the map sensor to the air intake. Undo all cover bolts, two of them need a swivel wrench. Push the back part of the cover over your down pipe and feed it right out the front of the truck. It's a tight spot for most of everything but once you get it off everything else is simple. Be careful disconnecting the UVC harness as you can snap off the connector lock. Good luck

rotorholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise guys, Im still debating if to only change the 1 bad injector or go ahead and do them all, My wallet is saying change the one, lol

skertin3rd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just did an injector change and did a TON of research on it. Just remember if you only change the one that is bad, that cylinder will be working different than the rest. They will not be working in unison, they are not worn the same. I got a set of stage 2 injectors from Jim at Rosewood Diesel Shop. He is a great guy and answered ALL my questions for about a month before actually purchasing them. He has budget builds that will save you a lot of money. Check him out and good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14