veggie oil mixed with diesel?

drillin001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
is there anything i should do to my truck to run a wvo/diesel mix? probably no more than 50/50mix.

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
50/50 is safe. Just keep extra fuel filters handy. I run 10 gals of wvo to 5 gals of dino. Start up and shut down on dino in the rear tank.

JRJ04

Reaction score
what if you were to do a lesser mix? would you still have to have separate tanks and shut down on pure diesel?

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
From what I understand WVO when cold has a tendency to coke up the injectors. Starting a cold engine with a wvo mix I assume would be bad for the injectors. I've always ran two tanks so I can't say what a "safe" single tank mix would be. Even with two tanks a small amount of mixed fuel gets returned to the rear tank. I would guess about a quart every time the tanks are switched. After about 10 tank switches I can smell WVO from the exhaust even when running on the rear tank. When that happens I run on the rear tank until about 1/8 tank then refill. So far so good. Also I only run the mixed fuel with temp above 50 degs ambient air temps. That's how I roll. your experiences may vary(disclaimer :) )

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
ok so u run the mix in the front tank and reg. out back

Yep I figure the hot fuel being returned to the front tank has less time to cool off before going to the tank. The more miles, the higher the temp of the fuel in that tank raises. That's my theory anyhow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya