Vehicle speed sensor location?

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks from me too. I think mine must be going bad. After about 75 mph, the needle starts to bounce a little. REally screws up cruise control.

drillin001

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok one more question every parts store has this listed as vss and it looks nothing like the one i pulled form my truck. is this a dealer only item?

97 CREWCAB

OBS RULES!
Reaction score
this looks like a speed sensor for a gasser tranny. could just be a generic pic like they somtimes do.

action4478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks from me too. I think mine must be going bad. After about 75 mph, the needle starts to bounce a little. REally screws up cruise control.
Check the wiring leading up to the VSS . Look for a bad spot in the wires or a loose connection....Also , pull it out of the rear end & make sure there isn't any rust under the mounting surface....

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
ok one more question every parts store has this listed as vss and it looks nothing like the one i pulled form my truck. is this a dealer only item?

and that is exactly what they are going to sell you.that is the VSS for 91 and older trucks.i think but im not sure but you may need to go to the dealer for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58