Full Access Member
Reaction score
you better have GREAT insurance...cause if they find out it
was stolen and you left the keys in it & running you wont get a DIME
one in pay off.

youre askin' for trouble....

JRJ04

Reaction score
I got my jimmi jammers off of Truck Security thats where they were the cheapest.

bush, they popped open my driver's side door and im guessing go to the tumbler (which will shortly be disconnected when i get the jimmi jammers in). it looks like they tried to pop the lock in but failed, but succeeded in screwing the lock up....350 bucks later ive got a new handle and lock. i know you said youve got one deterrent you wont share over the internet, but whats the other one you are considering installing? (if youre willing to share) i just want to know what else i can do to keep these sorry SOB's out of my truck.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cyclops relay.

jrj04...why 350 for your door ? the handle is about 50 bucks (from dealer)
and so is the tumbler......

JRJ04

Reaction score
bush, it was 350 becuase i had them do it and the lock was damaged too. it was about 125 in parts and the rest was labor. i had no idea what level of difficulty i would be getting into, and didnt have the time or desire to mess with it. all in all, i wish i wouldve done it myself but i was just frustrated and wanted it fixed fast.

i already got the viper alarm with the ignition kill, can you send me the link for the cyclops relay? I know you had posted it in another thread, but i dont think the link worked.

Jourdan

Oclip

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Mico-Lock!

I have heard from several sources, that "they" are hauling diesel pickups away by the "truckload" along the border and especially in Tx. Not so bad here in LA. I would council you all to research and install a Mico-lock in your brake systems. It locks up the brakes a couple of different ways, and you can only release them with a hidden switch. It holds pressure to your whole brake system, and releases it electrically. Put the switch anywhere. I'm putting my hydraulic unit in the frame rail below me and in front of the orig fuel pump, in the 2000 PSD. I have a friend, in the brake business of all things, who had his custom duallie stolen twice, and recovered. Before the third time, he installed the mico-lock, and the thieves broke the trans output shaft trying to move it! These lazy thieves often strike the same target more than once. Beware. Go out on the net, or to a good brake shop, or straight to Mico, and check it out.One layer of Cheap insurance. I think I'll also put a kill switch on the glow plug solenoid, and I can remove two of the short fuel lines to frame rail bulkheads and completely interrupt my fuel sys, as well as two fuses, in the FASS. Go ahead! Usually, they wouldn't get past my PCA--Personal Canine Assistant!

paulkeith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uhhh...troll?

i got hit last october. got my stereo and raybans. left my digi cam, mp3 player, and motorola 2way radios in the console. i've installed jimmy jammers, but let's face it. locks are for honest people. if someone wants your shnit, they're going to get it. but crime equals opportunity over desire. keep your stuff NOT VISIBLE. 90% of the time people get robbed, they say they left their <insert valuable electronic device> visible because they were just gone for a second, bla bla bla. Hide everything. if a thief can't see anything in your interior, he (she?) wont start to think about stealing it. dark tint is good for that.

if they come for your whole truck, that's a different story. mico lok fuses or kill switches or whatever, if they winch her onto a flatbed, she's gone. end of story.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14