Help Needed Vent Tubes & Pit Bulls Dont Mix

Jesse East

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My sons Pit Bull (70 pounds and still gaining) ripped a vent tube off my F350 Dually while it was sitting outside the barn and unprotected. I found the tube (about 20 inches long, with a ID of 1/4 inch and a OD of 1/2 inch) laying beside the truck. I used a creeper to try to find where the tube came from, but could not. It has a metal clip on one end which means it was probably attached to the frame at one time. I saw several tubes similar to the one ripped off---the front pumpkin has one and the AT has two, but they are still OK. Does anyone know what the rear pumpkin vent configuration should look like? Are there other tubes associated with the engine where this tube could have come from? This truck had the fuel tank rollover recall done seeveral years ago-----could this tube have been part of that fix?

Thanks---- Jesse East King George VA

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it could be part of the fuel tank vent. There's a large rubber grommet with the rollover valve inserted into the top of the tank. That hose runs from the valve to a point on the frame, (mine was clipped with that metal clip on it.)

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
did the rear pumpkin still have one? that would probably be the easiest one for a dog to grab and pull off...

Jesse East

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help.

I took closer look under the truck this AM and found a male vent tube fitting on the top left rear of the rear pumpkin-----with a missing tube. The recovered tube was about 5 inches shorter than it was originally, but I was able to clip it on to a site that gives it enough room to flex and do its job.

Im just glad the dog wasnt fond of the brake lines, which are quite exposed on the 4WD trucks. Must remember to keep the truck in the barn----or keep the dog on a leash.

Thanks again-----Jesse East

Sawboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the dog on a leash. I worked in Pit rescue for a lot of years. If he ever gets in trouble, he'll be the bad guy regardless of cicumstances. Plus, I know of a Pit that has a fondness for plastic bumpers too! LMAO!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two pits and the like pulling the wires and tail lights off my trailers. But they Love there 55gal. PVC drum more. They drag it all over the yard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14