Vent visors

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I'm looking for vent visors for the new truck. I had Weathertechs on the 2000and they weren't very dark. The new truck is Sterling Grey so I'm looking for a dark tinted vent visor that install in the window channel.

EmptyDub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to get some installed on my truck, but I think I'm going to have mine sprayed and color-matched. I like the dark ones too, but I REALLY like the look of the painted ones over the window (not in-channel). I think it gives the truck a "meaner" or "chopped-top" look.... not to mention the intended functionality of the visors! JMHO

Be sure to post some pics when you get 'em - can't wait to see the new ride! :sweet

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had much luck with the in channel ones so i went with the vent visor stick on ones and are very happy with them

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weather tech has been a great set for my CC. Ask for additional adhesive tape so that you can replace it in the future.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I had the weather techs on the old truck for 8 years with no issues, just wondering if there is something a little darker.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
You know they(Weathertech) has em in two variations? Light tint(what I have on the Excursion) and Dark tint.

Same set on our truck for 8 years! :sweet

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the dark tint Weathertechs on my truck and their great. Combined with the 15% tint on the windows and they look awesome. I find that for me they're dark enough to act as a visor like they're intended even with the window down. And the tight fit inside the window channel looks a lot better than the ones stuck on the outside.

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the in channel vent visors on mine since '04 with no problem at all. not sure where I bought them but it was a chain auto parts store.
I had the stick-ons on my '00 SD and had one come loose on the highway and break.

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the stick on kind on my last 3 vehicles and never had a problem with any of them. My current truck has over 300k and has had them on it since it was new with no issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58