Vents wont change

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hey,

Im not getting it done at a dealer but I thought that I may as well see if it was under warrentee. Hopefully it wont work out to $400!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Im not getting it done at a dealer but I thought that I may as well see if it was under warrentee. Hopefully it wont work out to $400!

ok just thought id warn/inform you (and anyone else reading these
threads).

the going rate for balljoints is somewhere north of 850...and that
would include the hub seals.

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hey,

Yep turns out the stupid hub seals are going to be over 500. My mechanic gave me another option, install some aftermarket warn hubs. Does anyone know anything about these? I will have to manually lock from now on but a set is only 300-400 installed and they are apparently much better then stock.

Thanks
Jeff

atk

Reaction score
that is a good option and cheaper, but seems to be a little high in price still. i can buy warn hubs for about 225.00 cdn and install them in about 30 minutes....i have replaced my hub seals when i did my ball joints and they weren`t cheap, but they are good now....when they do fail, i will be going with the warn hubs....hope this helps

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Yep turns out the stupid hub seals are going to be over 500. My mechanic gave me another option, install some aftermarket warn hubs. Does anyone know anything about these? I will have to manually lock from now on but a set is only 300-400 installed and they are apparently much better then stock.

Thanks
Jeff

use the manual mode on the hubs you got from ford...save even MORE
money.

or replace the less than 100 bucks in parts and seals and do it yourself,
god knows its easy enough....do the ball joints while youve got it apart (youll
need to replace the OE ball joints eventually anyway).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14