Very cool F1 Engine videos

Reaction score
I didn't see any other place to put these so if they are in the wrong spot I'm sorry. The first is a run up of the old Orange Arrows, a V10 Ford Cosworth
http://www.angeltowns2.net//smele/video/f1engine.wmv Note how the headers get white hot, and it sounds as if they are running it up against the rev limiter.

The next one is of the Renault V10 during a dyno run simulating a track test. http://wmediavod.coltfrance.com/wme...004/07/01/F1_Renault_16871_4_25_0_320x240.wmv You can see the vapor standoff on the inlet stacks...the sound is so damn cool. I have tickets to the race and sit at the entrance to F1 turn 1 and the sound is exactly the same except you can feel and smell them live...way cool!!

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
BigRed CC dually said:
I didn't see any other place to put these so if they are in the wrong spot I'm sorry. The first is a run up of the old Orange Arrows, a V10 Ford Cosworth
http://www.angeltowns2.net//smele/video/f1engine.wmv Note how the headers get white hot, and it sounds as if they are running it up against the rev limiter.

The next one is of the Renault V10 during a dyno run simulating a track test. http://wmediavod.coltfrance.com/wme...004/07/01/F1_Renault_16871_4_25_0_320x240.wmv You can see the vapor standoff on the inlet stacks...the sound is so damn cool. I have tickets to the race and sit at the entrance to F1 turn 1 and the sound is exactly the same except you can feel and smell them live...way cool!!
The first one was pretty intense,boy does the headers get hot! :thumbs

Thanks for sharing those :sweet

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think thats cool, check THIS mp3 out

http://web.telia.com/~u36118651/Chauffe2.mp3

Can your car play a song?

Here is the back story:

"Here's the story behind the music.

(technical/musical details via F1 Racing magazine):

As we all know, a V10 engine produces five combustions per
revolution at a frequency per second of 60/(5 x revs per
minute), which equals 12/rpm. Therefore, to work out the
revs you need to hit a particular musical note, you multiply
the note's frequency by 12. To play a 440Hz 'A', for example,
you need 5,280rpm. For 'C', use 3,139rpm, for 'F' 4,191rpm,
and so on.

Asiatech's French technicians (the engine, despite its name,
is derived from a Peugeot design) simply programmed their
engine to run through the various rev/note ranges in the
correct sequence. The result is delightful. And think of the
possibilities - BMW's F1 engine, which howls all the way to
19,050rpm, could rip through the entire Hendrix songbook.

Even better: imagine a massed NASCAR choir performing "The
Star Spangled Banner"! Being eight-cylinder engines, the
frequency per second would be 60/(4 x revs), which means
you'd multiply the note frequencies by 15 instead of 12: 'A'
would arrive at 6,600rpm, 'C' at 3,923rpm, 'F' at 5,238rpm,
etc.

Mark my words, someone will be getting rich at Daytona next
year selling a CD of NASCAR patriotic anthems. Send some of
the royalties my way."

Reaction score
Max Power said:
Pretty cool.

It would be cool to know the EGT's!

Well you could infer that they were in excess of 1400F because that is where iron and steel glow red and it was hotter than that. They can actually cool the engines a little under load by richening the mixture some.

Dockboy

Diesel Head
Reaction score
BigRed CC dually said:
I have tickets to the race and sit at the entrance to F1 turn 1 and the sound is exactly the same except you can feel and smell them live...way cool!!

BigRed,

We will have to hook up!! ;)

I go to Indy every year! Usually haul a camper and stay in Two Trees across the street from F1 Turn 1 :D

And you are right, video's just don't do F1 cars justice :eek:

Reaction score
Dockboy said:
BigRed,

We will have to hook up!! ;)

I go to Indy every year! Usually haul a camper and stay in Two Trees across the street from F1 Turn 1 :D

And you are right, video's just don't do F1 cars justice :eek:

Greg,

The first three years we (oldest son and I) camped across from Indy turn 3 near the tank farm. These last few years with him in college and working we just drive over for the race (Beavercreek is southeast suburb of Dayton, about 2 - 2 1/2 hr drive). I could probably look over the back of the grandstands and see your rig. We sit in H stands, Section S row H seats 5, 6 at F1 turn 1. It'd be good to hook up and see your truck, talk diesel and F1.

Dockboy

Diesel Head
Reaction score
BigRed CC dually said:
Greg,

The first three years we (oldest son and I) camped across from Indy turn 3 near the tank farm. These last few years with him in college and working we just drive over for the race (Beavercreek is southeast suburb of Dayton, about 2 - 2 1/2 hr drive). I could probably look over the back of the grandstands and see your rig. We sit in H stands, Section S row H seats 5, 6 at F1 turn 1. It'd be good to hook up and see your truck, talk diesel and F1.

We usually try and sit in H also :D Although the first year we sat in Paddock Press right across from the podium. That was good because of the rain!

I don't know if I'm going to Indy this year or not, but if I do, I'll shoot you a PM ;) I am going to Montreal though :sweet :thumbs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14