Vibration at 40mph when braking

twsiv

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I'm getting an aggressive vibration at 40mph when braking, vibration goes away below 38mph or so, noticed mostly when exiting the freeway where I'm doing 60-70mph. Any ideas, or test I can perform to narrow in on the culprit?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

03EXCURS

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
IF IT ONLY DOES IT WHEN YOU BRAKE I WOULD VENTURE TO SAY THAT YOU HAVE A CALIPER GRABBING. THIS COULD POSSIBLY BE FROM SEVERAL DIFFERENT THINGS.

1 ABS SENSOR
2 HOT SPOTS ON THE ROTOR/ OR WARPED
3 BAD CALPIER

I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU TAKE IT TO JUST BRAKES AND HAVE THEM CHECK IT OUT. IT FREE GOOD LUCK

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
i have seen wheel bearings do things like that, wouldnt hurt to check them. its probably a rotor issue, i have a small rust stripe on my front rotors that make terrible things happen when they align with each other and im on the brake pedal.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Wheel weights?

To eliminate possible missing wheel weights can you swing by your tire shop to get the the set of 4 tires balanced and/or rotated?

Couple weeks back our X started experiencing out of the blue a wheel vibration issue at 40+ mph,I ran it to discount and they found the weight strip missing from the front right wheel:doh: probably due to the warmer weather combined with Plano's prehistoric rough concrete jointed roads knocked em off:rant

My .02;)

PS: make sure the wheel nuts get torqued to 165 ft lbs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14