vibration at 65mph

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
I've been noticing a slight vibration that only occurs at 65mph in my front end. Any faster/slower and it doesn't exist. I do know my lower ball joints are pretty much shot but I don't know if that would be the only culprit.

Any ideas?

Travis

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
My Father thinks it might be a tire outa balance as well. I just thinks its really odd that it only occurs at 65 mph. I'll have to go get my tires balanced just as a safe measure...

Travis

Wispy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Travis I just had to set of Nitto Mud Grapplers that were on my truck when I bought it and the truck always had a shake at 45mph anything less and you wouldnt notice it and if you went over 45 more like 50mph it went away. Tried getting the tires rotated and felt the vibration in the rear. The tires were cupped pretty bad from non rotatation and possible bad shocks(which for me I went to a dual shock setup recently). So needless to say it was my tires. So you might have the rotated from to back and see if your vibration moves or have your tires checked for balance. Bought a new set of BFGoodrich Mud Terrain TA and the problem went away.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm 218k and counting on factory stabilizer........its possible...lol

in all honesty though, i think its your bazooka sub....just a thought (sarcastic one that is...lol)

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
check the front driveline and see if the balance weight are still there mine stared doing the same thing that is what i found had the driveline rebuilt and problem went away...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58