Vibration at highway speeds

GGJPGUY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 06' F-350 with an 8" RIZE kit on the front. After a camping trip in the dez, where my wife and son did some cruzing around, I started getting a vibration at highway speeds like a u-joint was going out. So I replaced all the u-joints in the rear. Still have the vibration. I am begining to wonder if it isn't the front. Has anyone with a 8" lift ever had any issues with the front driveline needing to be extended? I am wondering if it didn't slip out just far enough and then go back together after skipping a couple of splines. I just recently found my jeep did the exact same thing. I haven't had time to pull it out and check so I don't know if thats it or not. Just fishing for a little insight before I do.

elkyss81

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It's a possibility. Take the front driveshaft completely out, and test drive it again and see if the vibe is still there. If it is still there, maybe tires need to be balanced?

GGJPGUY

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thats what the plan is. I thought about the tires too, but where the vibration is and the way it acts, its not a tire issue.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If the rear driveshaft is not put back in properly, the truck will vibrate. MARK the driveshaft, and turn it 180° and re-install. Should cure the vibration.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58