Help Needed Vibration in Brake Pedal

JRJ04

Reaction score
So when im in OD at around 45mph and above, I get a vibration in the brake when I step on it and will continue to do so until it goes out of lockup at around 40. It almost feels like when you get feedback when the ABS kicks in but I dont think it is. Somethings gotta be hitting somewhere. Also, just installed the DIY intake...but I dont think that has anything to do with it. Any ideas?

JRJ04

Reaction score
yea i know they are...but that makes the entire steering wheel and everything shake. this almost feels like its in 4wd or the downpipe is hitting the firewall....

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yea i know they are...but that makes the entire steering wheel and everything shake. this almost feels like its in 4wd or the downpipe is hitting the firewall....

have the powertrain controller checked for codes..
see if it's throwing a TCC code...

JRJ04

Reaction score
so does that then mean i could have tranny troubles? everything feels really solid as far as i can tell. im beginning to wonder if its my tires too...they are shot pretty bad and getting to be damn near bald. could that have anything to do with it?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
so does that then mean i could have tranny troubles? everything feels really solid as far as i can tell. im beginning to wonder if its my tires too...they are shot pretty bad and getting to be damn near bald. could that have anything to do with it?

tires, yes.

but even if it's got a TCC solenoid sticking, that's really not a big deal either.

the easiest way to check it is..
click the OD cancel button and take it out and get it over 45 mph and after about a minute, try the brake pedal

or you could leave the OD button alone, take it out on the highway and set the cruise.. then just tap the brake pedal.. see if it does it while it's trying to disengage the cruise...

Last edited:

JRJ04

Reaction score
yea im leaning towards the tires...but it was just a coincidence that this started right after i installed the the diy intake and did the foil delete.

The vibration is something like this...if you were to draw the wave length of the vibration....the waves are very small and strong (a small standard deviation) as opposed to huge waves (larger standard deviation). Make sense?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14