Help Needed Vibration in Brake Pedal

JRJ04

Reaction score
truck is goin in today...I'll post back up and let you know what happens.

Thanks for all of your help!

JRJ04

Reaction score
well I'm back to square 1....u joints checked out fine. My diagnosis was wrong. Tires are being replaced on Friday. I hope it helps! Anyone have any new ideas?

JRJ04

Reaction score
well here i am again...new tires, new shocks, new fluid in transfer case new fluid in rear end, driveline checks out ok, transmission shifts fine....

....and this mystery vibration seems to be getting more pronounced. The best way to describe it is between about 1250 and 2k rpm's if i push on the gas then let off you hear a "whooooooooooommmmmmmmm" and its not the normal sound of the engine idleing down. you can feel the vibration throughout the truck. i really still feel like it has something to do with the ***** sandwhich exhaust ive got on there. i did notice that the pipe going into the muffler isnt quite straight...could this be it?

I'm really at a loss here guys. HELPPPPPPP!!!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Jourdan, the best advise I can give you is crawl underneath it with a prybar and try all the mounts..

take and look at all the exhaust where it goes even the slightest bit near a frame rail and see if you can see if it's hitting anywhere...

JRJ04

Reaction score
all of the mounts as in anything that mounts to the frame? or just the exhaust?

JRJ04

Reaction score
yea i rolled under there last night and jiggled and pushed and made sure things were snug...still got it today.

heres something i thought of...when i installed my exhaust, i didnt want it to be too loud so i have the muffler turned so that the exhaust gas flows INTO and NOT OVER the louvers. i've read before that it can cause weird sounds. should i try and pull the thing off and switch it around the other way?

JRJ04

Reaction score
what about an intercooler pipe hitting up against something? i dont see it hitting anywhere, but these things do flex. Could removing the insulating tape have caused this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14