Video frame capture help needed

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I'm looking for software that will allow me to do frame captures of video I shot at the OutLaw Diesel races from Saturday night.

I have the camera hooked up to the PC via USB cable,I don't know how to save the video clips to the HD yet either:dunno

Help from the PC savvy or video gurus is much appreciated!:sweet

Bill

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
Didn't your camera come with the software? I have a JVC and it came with it. It is not very good though, crashes easily but all of that video capture software I have seen has that problem. There are quite a few progams for that out there but I have only had experience with two and would not recommend either.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Unfortunately my Sony didn't come with any software:td:

I've searched at Cnet but couldn't find much or didn't know much about the programs there:rolleyes:

FLRin29

VIRUS FREE!
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Unfortunately my Sony didn't come with any software:td:

I've searched at Cnet but couldn't find much or didn't know much about the programs there:rolleyes:

You may have some luck if you go to Sony's page and look for software downloads there.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Shopping for a Firewire card now:sweet

Only software available from Sony was a couple USB software updates but not much else.

dantheman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
On my Sony Vid cam, I use a capture card to dub the video on my puter. Then I use MS Movie Maker to capture, edit video. It is free and works pretty well. BTW, thanks for all the help on the light install yesterday. I will post up a pic later today.

Dan

Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I'm looking for software that will allow me to do frame captures of video I shot at the OutLaw Diesel races from Saturday night.

I have the camera hooked up to the PC via USB cable,I don't know how to save the video clips to the HD yet either:dunno

Help from the PC savvy or video gurus is much appreciated!:sweet

Bill

I would recommend Nero 6 Ultra Edition. Does video capture can burn to CD or DVD also e-mail video or stills, copy CD's etc. Very good easy to use software.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I do have Nero 6 Ultra but it seems I cannot configure it correctly to capture the frames to jpg format,I'm off to Frys Saturday to find a Firewire card,hopefully to have some results tomorrow evening:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58