Walker BTM. How loud is it?

silverado3500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings, I was wondering if anyone here has a walker BTM on an otherwise stock exhaust on a 99-03 7.3. I currently have a muffler delete, and the truck had no kitty from the factory. I love the sound, especially the turbo whistle, but have to have a SVA (vehicle inspection) before I can register my truck here in the UK, and the truck can't be any louder than 100db at the tail pipe.

So, what does the walker btm sound like, and how loud is it? Anyone up for posting a sound clip?

Thanks in Advance!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The BTM is a great upgrade from the stock muffler and is not loud at all,it has a nice rumble to it but flows & sounds great. That's one thing I didn't get a sound clip of and that was when we had the BTM on our 7.3L for almost 4 years till we went Magnaflow in summer '06.

The BTM had to be approved by the other half as she didn't want anything too loud on the truck for she drives it primarily but it passed with flying colors.

melmount

Full Access Member
Reaction score
walker btm muffler

hi
where can i get one for my 04 6.0? My wife does not want a loud exhaust. she too drives it a lot for her horse trailer.

dpantazis

Reaction score
your local napa has them branded too. depending on inlet and outlet diams, your part numbers may vary. on my 7.3, it was 3.5 in and out, NAPA 21470 Walker BTM. a good counter guy will hook you up. iirc, it was in the $50-60 range.

atk

Reaction score
just ordered mine today, hopefully have it on soon and will let you know. might even loose the kitty at the same time....:dunno ....needed to let the exhaust flow a little better, till i can afford a complete MBPR exhaust...:thumbs

atk

Reaction score
installed my BTM today....:thumbs ....nice sound to it, not loud at all....also can deffinatly here the turbo now....:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

sorry no sound clip....

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Right on! It is indeed a very good muffler that produces the exhaust flow and sound most can appreciate especially if you have sensitive neighbors at 5 am :sweet

I have the BTM off our Excursion put up in storage till I off load it to someone local looking to upgrade from the stock muffler.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14