Petition Want to possibly lower oil/fuel prices via petition?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I did locate one of a discussion threads of a petition but no link provided. I just received the online petition from one of the ranking members of our Powerstroke club. I posted at the bottom of the initial post that if replies go to the dirty side they'll (posts) be removed.

We really really try to keep politics out of our community(at least on the forums but not chat) due to it only turns one against another for everyone has their own view/opinion.

then I'll keep my mouth shut..

the black helicopters have been here nightly anyway... :tounge

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just signed it for the third time. I got this from Sean Hannity's website a few days ago. Right now there are 1,039,711 signatures. A few days ago there was only a bit over 100,000. I've actually seen a few gas pumps in the DFW area that are 4-6 cents cheaper in the last couple of days. Cheapest diesel I've seen is $4.559 at Kroger at Parker/Custer in Plano.

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
The REAL reason gas prices are so high

Petitions and boycotts are not going to affect gas prices. Here is the REAL reason gas prices are so high...

This article is from 1 year ago, but it's content is current and accurate, is very educational for those who think some Exxon is trying to rape the consumer. The truth is, Exxon simply invested wisely in OIL FUTURES!
Q&A: What's Behind High Gas Prices? : NPR

Who is buying the oil? Not the oil companies!
Speculators Buy More Oil Contracts Than Oil Companies

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know its the idiots..(I mean speculators) that cause the most of this problem. My question is that if we drill here, its our own oil, how does it not effect price, since we dont have to buy from OPEC?

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Yeah, I know its the idiots..(I mean speculators) that cause the most of this problem. My question is that if we drill here, its our own oil, how does it not effect price, since we dont have to buy from OPEC?

Well, any time you commit to purchase a product in advance, you are taking a gamble on it's future value. It's no different than purchasing stock. You are guessing that it will have a greater value than when you purchased it. There are only ### shares of IBM stock available. If everybody started buying IBM stock, what would happen to the price of a share of stock? Of course, it would go UP!!!

In this case, instead of stock shares, they are purchasing volumes of a commodity. CRUDE OIL. There is a limited quantity of crude, and a LOT of buyers! A bushel of CORN is doing the same thing right now (due to ethanol). Supply and demand...capitalism.....hard at work. It's the nature of our economy.

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, its all speculation. Just like today OPEC mentions $140 for a barrel and PRESTO...There we have it! If its not the dollar that they blame it on, then its supply and demand, then somebody mentions $140 to $150 a barrel and there we have it. What do ya do? Still how does drilling for oil here not effect prices though?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking one of those billionaire shieks hostage for ransom money,then I can buy all the diesel I want and feed my family.

Disclaimer: I am only joking. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58