Wanted 4" downpipe needed?????

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a 4" downpipe for a 00 7.3l anyone know where I can get one???? After I find it I'm going to have my guy at the muffler shop install 4'' all the way to the rear......cheaper than buying some kit that won't fit right and will have me cussing the hole time.

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple from Garret at blackclouddiesel.com, good service

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
police stroker said:
Looking for a 4" downpipe for a 00 7.3l anyone know where I can get one???? After I find it I'm going to have my guy at the muffler shop install 4'' all the way to the rear......cheaper than buying some kit that won't fit right and will have me cussing the hole time.

An aluminized 4" MBRP kit like THIS ONE (hint--add it to your cart to see what kind of a discount Dennis can give) isn't all that much more expensive than just a downpipe, plus the fit/finish of the MBRP kits is top-notch and that'll save you hassle (and the muffler place's shop-time) of piecing one together and trying to make everything fit with hanger placement, the over-the-axle hump, et. al. Personally, I'd go with one of the MBRP systems over a pieced-together muffler shop special.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
police stroker said:
cheaper than buying some kit that won't fit right and will have me cussing the hole time.

Summit has a complete 4" system, aluminized, for like 299 and 8 bucks to ship. Its a STEAL. And I cant think of anyone who was disappointed with it.

I just picked up an AFE 4" stainless for 360 and like 8 bucks shipped. I can find out if that was a one time deal I got, or if its a current sale.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I think the kit is the way to go. Don't think you'll have issues with fitament with a good kit. To do a custom 4" properly I would think would cost way more with labor than a 4" kit that we install at another Texas Mod Party. Just my .02 worth. :cowboy:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
police stroker said:
Ok guys I guess I'm leaning toward a MBRP stainless steel......ummmm yummie!

That's what I've got and I really like it. It took me ~4 or 4 1/2 hours to install it by myself (a Sawzall came in handy) and the only part I really needed help with was having someone else to tighten the turbo-to-downpipe clamp while I held the downpipe in position from underneath the truck. Other than that, it was a piece of cake install.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58