Warm up

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Hey guys,

been a while since I've been on here. Anyways, I've noticed that when I start my truck in the morning, after about two or three minutes it starts idling up and down. I had a buddy that had a fox body mustang that had a bigger cam in it and it sounded alot like this does. Any ideas? Just wondering if this is normal or if anybody else's on here does the same thing?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When temps are cold,cold.. the high idle will continue to operate, off and on, until All the temp sensors (oil, coolant, intake air etc.) tell the PCM that engine is at or near operating temperature.

When you did the Donaldson set up, did you re-install that temp sensor that was in the Air Filter Box ?

Joe

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I did reinstall the air temp sensor when I switched to the donaldson filter. Also, I should have stated this before. It does this without out the high idle only.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Could it be a dirty air filter? Almost sound like it fighting for breath?

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Hmmmm,what about the fuel filter? How cold does it get there? Glow plugs working?

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
It doesn't really get that cold here. It only drops below freezing once or twice a year. It does it even when it's up in the 60s and 70s as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14