warn hubs

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
looking to buy warn hubs but not sure if i should go with the standard ones or the premiums. . whats the major difference? and alot of sites that i look at the hubs on mention a spindle nut kit? will i need this? i have manual transfer shifter with the manual hubs? thanks to everyone here who doesnt blast people for asking seemingly dumb questions to most :sly

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
according to Warn

All WARN Premium Hubs feature:
- 9/10 turn dial for robust engagement/disengagement
- Heavy detents for positive engagement
- Wave spring technology increases reliability over standard coil springs.

I am quite pleased with the superwinch ones I have on my truck and the customer service I received when one of the retaining bolts stripped out. The allen key bolt stripped out and I tried to drill it out but was slightly off so I messed up the hub, I called them and they sent me out a new PAIR of hubs though I only needed one piece and a bolt.
- All metal construction
- ZA Alloy dial with dual seals keep contaminants out

dpantazis

Reaction score
i am on the cusp of buying new hubs too. i am considering warn, mile marker or superwinch.

problem is, the manuf's catalog data is confusing. i can not figure out if i need conversion kit of not.

anyone?

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 2 Warn hubs mounted by a shop (replaced my busted auto hub) in 2007. The invoice shows only "2 4wd locking hubs $330". No mention of any kit. Sorry I don't have better records about the conversion kit but it doesn't appear it was needed on my '02. They are not the Premium hubs, based on the description that BJS provided.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I had 2 Warn hubs mounted by a shop (replaced my busted auto hub) in 2007. The invoice shows only "2 4wd locking hubs $330". No mention of any kit. Sorry I don't have better records about the conversion kit but it doesn't appear it was needed on my '02. They are not the Premium hubs, based on the description that BJS provided.

yeah, mine either..
1/4 turn to lock...

cstewart

Cameron
Reaction score
i am on the cusp of buying new hubs too. i am considering warn, mile marker or superwinch.

problem is, the manuf's catalog data is confusing. i can not figure out if i need conversion kit of not.

anyone?

i know what u mean so if u find anything out let me know lol. . .im also considering the warn mile markers or superwinch . . some websites say u need a conversion kit while others dont mention it. . :dunno

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the questions about the spindle nut conversion kits... the answer is no if you have a SD truck it applies to the pre-'98 model trucks that were originally equipped with auto locking hubs.

Warn standard hubs look like this

StandardHub.jpg

Premium hubs are like this

premium_hubs.jpg

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the Warn Premiums on my truck a few month ago. Your do not need the spindle kit, just the hubs. Easy install.

Follow Tailgunner's write up. Says it all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58