Warn Lockouts for F250

ProXJC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 01 F250 is in need for some new lockouts. I have been looking at warns standards. Wondering if they look simaler to the factory when installled or if they sit recessed.

Last edited:

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine on an '02 sit "recessed" but I don't care. They do work when you turn them on or off with your fingers!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Warns have been the standard of which four wheel drive hubs are measured. They are the best, recessed or not.

Dave ;tu

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I don't think Warn makes the silver or standard hub anymore. The only thing I could find when I replaced mine was the gold HD's (that sit more flush with the cap)

ProXJC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
OK I finally installed my new warn lockouts and have a few more questions. I had to plug the vaccum hoses and just for giggles I switched the 4x4 switch on to see if there was any vaccum on the hoses. There was nothing. Is this normal? Does the vaccum pick up at higher rpm or do I have a bad pump?

I also noticed that when in four wheel drive the front end seems extra loud at sharp turns (liked cranked all the way left or right) It only does it when both hubs are locked and in four wheel drive. I have tried to hear itit with just the hubs locked (no four wheel) and with just the left locked in four wheel and just the right locked in four wheel. I'm thinking the noises are normal and before the lockout switchout I only had one hub locked in. Any ideas would be great.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a vac. pump, diesels don't make there own vac. so they need a pump. Chances are the vac. hose to the hubs is cracked or busted. I would just plug it at the relay. Just track the hose you find it.
I also noticed that when in four wheel drive the front end seems extra loud at sharp turns (liked cranked all the way left or right)
don't do that on hard roads. Your hubs are not meant for that and you will bust a axle or hub.
Some noises will be there thats normal. Remember when you unlock you need to back up about 10 feet. This helps the hub unlock and the T-case.

Last edited:

ProXJC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Can u tell me if the vaccum pump is just for auto lockouts? If not what else does it operate?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It operates the heater and Air Conditioning systems. There are a series of vacuum operated doors that redirect air to the heater outputs or the windshield vents or your feet. Keep the vacuum pump.

Dave :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14