Warning Lights Installed!

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, spent this afternoon to finally finish my emergency vehicle warning lights. (Rachel says I only joined the Rural Fire Department so I could put more schtuff on my rig.... Hey, I already had the RED truck :roflmao )

I got a 90 Power Supply from Whelen, 5 switch box with wig-wag from Galls (more lights to get that jet fighter cockpit look :sweet ) and 4 clear strobes for my front lights (mounted in the turn signals) and in the tail lights. Also have programmable red (of course RED) LED grill lights from Whelen. (Gotta love that Galls Catalog). These strobes work very well in the 06 lights. I can't believe how bright they are. I really can't believe how bright the red LED's are considering they only need .5 watts and are only 2-1/2" wide. :eek:

Here I was again, just like when I installed my cab lights, (drilling holes in a perfectly good roof), about to drill 1" holes in my $275 a piece 06 headlights. :eek: Had to rout out my header panel a little also, (thank god for Dremel).

I gotta try and figure out how to get some pics for you guys. Wish I could figure out a video. I responded to an 2 vehicle car accident scene this evening, every one got out of my way, (for once).

I'll figure out how to get pics for you all, this thing looks awesome.

Barrett

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I got a Hide Away system from PSE in my truck. 4 clear heads, 2 in the head lights, and 2 in the tailights. I install a lot of warning systems, amber, on trucks at work. LED's, Strobes, Attowsticks, you name it. How much did those goodies run you?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I never did hear back from you Barrett but great to know you did get some lighting done on the truck :sweet For your radio communications gimme a yell.

If you're going to be around town this Christmas we're is going to be in Twin for a couple days to spend with the elders and could do a casual get-together,lunch,etc sometime:sweet

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And my wife gives me a bad time about p[utting a hyperlite on my truck. There is no justice.

She did not say a word about the amber LED's in the windows. ;)

Last edited:

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
my truck had strobes at all 4 corners when i bought it (ex-construction foremans truck) i have so much fun with it lol.

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Arc Builder. Next time you want some lights, try checking out www.LSHlights.net I am on a volunteer fire dept. here in Ohio and have the same 90 W supply and 4 strobes from galls as you do. I also have the wig-wag kit as well. I added a mini rotator bar as well. I found this site after purchasing all this from Galls and thinking that I had gotten a pretty good price on all the goodies too. LSH lights is a lot cheaper than Galls or any other store I have found for that matter. Good luck with any future "lighting upgrades!" :burnit

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
I'd went with strobes all around other than wig wags ( my opinion ). Bout to be switchin my 52" MX7000 All light for a Whelen 12 Strobe thats 52". Fun Fun hehe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58