Warranty About to Expire

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '05 is at 90K and will hit it's 5 year birthday in the next couple of months. Would it be worth it to take it in to the dealer and have them give it a general check-up before the warranty is gone? Seems to be running okay in general. I do hear a squeal/chirp once in a while (doesn't sound like a belt) and I've noticed it seems to put out a little more smoke under acceleration (then it used to) so I was a little concerned with the EGR. I've had the truck for a year now.

What do you think?

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a local dealer that refuses to do a warranty expiration inspection. They would rather get their shop rate, then the Ford shop rate. Jerks. That is when I find a friendly garage that can go through it so that I can tell the dealer what the problems are.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
My local dealer won't do an inspection, either. You have to have a specific complant for them to act on.

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unplug the EGR and just lay the plug on top (just make it look like the plug popped off) and go in for a check engine light and ask them to do a once over on it, becouse your going on a trip next week. They will plug in and look at all the codes and plug the EGR in and look the motor over..... :D

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
my warrenty ended last thursday... i went to the dealer.. told them my turbo was surging and i said i would rather them catch it now than later... so they looked at it and replace the EGR under warrenty... so i would say go for it.. but tell them that you have been notice something (e.i. turbo surge) lately and want them to check it out....

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I always wondered how the dealers typically handled this. We'll see what happens. ;tu

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58