Warranty Info

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone been denied warranty on an oil cooler & EGR because of a coolent filter install and a oil by-pass install. Thank for any info on this. It's not for me, a buddy said if he installs a coolent filter his Ford warranty is shot, he just had the oil cooler, egr, coolent flush, new cap, oil tube, and some o-rings and a turbo rebuild on an 05. Thanks
2 stroker

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off the Top ?? I'd find another Ford Dealer/Garage.

Performance Mods, Maybe/Yes.

A Maintenance/Longevity improvement add on (?).... NO WAY could they deny warranty coverage. There's Consumer Protection Laws against that kinda stuff.

2 Stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off the Top ?? I'd find another Ford Dealer/Garage.

Performance Mods, Maybe/Yes.

A Maintenance/Longevity improvement add on (?).... NO WAY could they deny warranty coverage. There's Consumer Protection Laws against that kinda stuff.
This is the reply that i got from him, I think it is a lot of BS and i told him that and this kid worked on my 97 and i know him real well.

Hi
We went over to Northside Ford today and talked with Sxx and J***x. J***x explained that if we were to use the coolant filtration system that our warranty wouldn't be valid. They just want only Ford filters. He had several other valid reasons for not using this system. But, not being able to use the warranty would be a big loss for us. He did suggest another oil filter, and that is a kit also, unavailable from Ford.
J***x remembers you and you must have worked with his dad, Txx. I took all the available information to them so they could see. But, J***x said that he has worked on very little trucks that have had this sand problem, moreover dirty oil is much more of a problem. We do think that after the warranty is up, we'll have the coolant filter system installed.
I have spent a lot of time reading a researching these filter systems and I really have learned a lot. Plus I have more knowledge on our pickup. Time well spent. Thank you for all the material. Please keep sending anything new.
The end of his e-mail

Well like they say, you can lead the to water but you can't make them drink.
If everyone did the update mods that Ford should have made, then the shop's would be MT
2 stroker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl