Warranty win

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
I have had some problems with Ford on warranty. I was denied warranty because of mods. This is illegal in the US and my state. I filed with the Attorney Generals office. They called yesterday and said I was cleared my repairs and if I got anymore crap to give them a call. We don't have to take this from the dealers.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Can you expand on this? What were the repairs in dispute...what are said mods to vehicle?

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Warranty win #2

I was awarded a win by the BBB against Ford. They are to repay me for the charges I incured while in for a warranty repair. I had a CPS die , sound familiar?? The dealer put in a PCM and charged me because they saw mod's. I made it 300 ft from the dealer and it died just like before. I had it towed to another dealer who found the problem and fixed it inside of an hour and a half. This cost me nothing to pursue except maybe a little more hair loss. Keep records of every conversation and get them to write down on dealer letterhead what and why there doing what there doing. I don't care to make a habit of this. I felt I had to stand up for what is rightfully mine. In this case it was $800. Thats half of the turbo I'm trying tell my wife "WE" need.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dealer gave you the run around? I would like to know.

There is not a MOD on the market that would deny you a warranty repair for a CPS failure.

That rates up there with denying an Alternator failure for having a lift kit. (dont laugh, I've seen it)

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Ford_Forgotton said:
That rates up there with denying an Alternator failure for having a lift kit. (dont laugh, I've seen it)
Well everyone knows that. When you lift a rig you create more air-flow from underneath the truck and in turn it blows the brushes out of the Alternator :rolleyes:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Well everyone knows that. When you lift a rig you create more air-flow from underneath the truck and in turn it blows the brushes out of the Alternator :rolleyes:

don't forget the rain that is being blown up from underneath.:rolleyes:

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
Hey forgotten, My two successful disputes were with Scarff, they opened the hood and said were not touching this, it has mod's. Fugate or as we call them out here, Forgetit Ford , after towing in dead of the road told me the mods fried the PCM. Lucky for me I found the forum and told everybody my symtoms. It was unanimous on the CPS. Fugates service mgr. said I should stay at home and let the proffesionals fix it. I had to pay $800.00 for the labor and PCM. I made it 300ft and it died on hwy410. Fugates towed it back with a chain and said there were a few other parts they could replace to find the problem. This is where communication went to ^$#@^&. I had it towed to Scarff, this is before they turned me away, and there shop had it up and running in less than 2 hrs. I'm tired. I'm glad its over.

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, the biggest problem is, we dont get to work with the mechanics anymore. We have to deal with the "service writer" and they are PURELY by the book. They also couldnt find a glowplug if the thing bit them everyday for a week.

Ever notice they dont call them mechanics anymore. THey are called technicians? They also cant troubleshoot to save their lives unless the computer tells them what to do.

Its unfortunate, but then, this is why these forums thrive. Enough of us know just enough about certain parts, that combined, we can usually out fix the "trained professionals".

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
no more walking back in teh shop and saying hey to the guy working on your truck.
Here most of the service advisors are not very ept on our trucks.
however my new serving dealer has a separate area for the BIG trucks, f250 and up.
the service advisor is a former heavy mech. and he has not forgotten everything. he is creative in his answers but tries to be ... honest.
he did stumble on turbo lag for my 6.0 but i feel now after a better talk he was thinking I was a turnip born last night, but after a few turns about trucks and engines he has a beter sense of Robert's insight. its all good now

he does hold fast to the warranty mods issues. but will not rule instantly, he prefers to source the error then see what may have caused it.
which relieves me some cause i realy want to get another tuner :D

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Warranty? The three dealers here laughed at me! Just before my 100K mile went up, I tried to get the trucked looked at. All the service writer's took one look at me and my truck and said, " aren't you the guy that's at test and tune all the time?":eek: Blowing smoke and 4th gear scratches aren't hard to forget since there weren't many diesels out. That and I towed my buddies 13 sec Corvette Yellow Turbo Buick to the track!:D Turns out they like drag racing too.:rolleyes: You play you pay.:drive

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14