Wasted fuel!

bling821

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spent the last two days running around trying to run errands and it seemed that everywhere I went, they didn't have what I needed or couldn't get to me that day. I left the house at 8:00 in the AM and by noon I had accomplished nothing. I don't have the money to be spending on fuel to be doing this kind of crap. Looks like the phone book is going to be my new best friend. I'm just going to have to call places in advance from now on. I had to drive to three different stores to get everything I needed to replace my trailer lighting and I still don't have any marine grease for the steering on my boat. I didn't get an eye exam so I'm still wearing these stupid glasses. $60 of burnt diesel and I have next to nothing to show for it.

Same thing after work today. Went to three more stores which had nothing but I was just so ready to go home I gave up. I tell you what though, if I have to drive out to Monks Corner Marine a third time (30 mile trip) to get those stupid hubs for my trailer, I'm going to let them have it until I get a discount or maybe free labor. He said he would call me back but didn't and he told me while I was there that there aren't enough people and he was too busy to answer the phone. If I have to call Ranger myself to get these parts they are going to get an ear full about this dealer. Let me not get this trailer ready to tow the boat to Texas for Memorial Day weekend and see what happens!:rant

Sorry to rant here but my dog just looks at me and cocks her head to the side like I'm crazy.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man welcome to my world <at least today>...runnin' round getting pump
parts & gaskets and then spent hours running back and forth to lowes
to fix the freekin' SIMPLE door bell !

only home two days and so far i feel like one of 'em was wasted !

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've adapted my timing and planning to include trips by stores on the way to/from work so I'm not making a trip out for something specific. Trips are rarely to one store. The bike (pedal power) gets used for trips to pickup the small items @ the local hardware store (0.2miles each way)

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
We take the smallest vehicle that we can these days. The truck does a lot of sitting around now. (Might be because the front end is torn apart waiting for the UPS man.)

Scott

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've adapted my timing and planning to include trips by stores on the way to/from work so I'm not making a trip out for something specific. Trips are rarely to one store. The bike (pedal power) gets used for trips to pickup the small items @ the local hardware store (0.2miles each way)

Us too.

W/mart, Home Depot, Lowe's, OSH and the Mall are 9 miles from the Casa. So I figure it cost me $4.00+, just to go.

We make Lists now and go 'bout once a week.. and try Git it all in one trip.

I'm think'n 'bout a Mo-ped kinda thing for trips to the local Parts house & Hardware store. Pricey places but prolly cheaper in the long run. :dunno

The dayz of run'n 18 miles, R/T for a box of screws are over. I'm stock'n up on stuff.. increasing my inventory.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Heck my wife drives into town just to get gas so driving around looking for that special part doesn't really effect our fuel bill much. "Where you going dear" "I am low on gas so I am driving to town to fill it up" "OK dear drive careful". I think being married to truck driver for 18 years has made her feel like she needs to get in as many miles as possible in order to make ends meet.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
One thing about fasteners is don't go to the hardware. As big joe said I stock up from fastenal and get way better deals. Bolts at the hardware in 100 ct. cost 3 times the amount than a supply company. Plus they usually have everything you need so driving from lowe's to home depot, menards, and the local hardware is out of the question.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58