Water and Oil Temps

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smoky, that number is the thermostat assembly- comes with the aluminum housing. That's what I was trying to get at, you cant get what you would traditionally think of as a "thermostat" (the steel part) by itself. Looks like this- http://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/...-rt1169.aspx?gclid=CIGlyajx1rQCFcsWMgodGh0AiQ
So if everything is back together, unless your mechanic pried the steel part out,(no reason to do that really) it's gotta be in there.
If I was getting a new thermostat I would get the 203degree.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was the thermostat. either stuck open or somehow bypassing the thermostat. I put a new one in tonight and the temps ran up to about 191 degrees under no load. I only put a 192 degree thermostat in it. I believe it run hot enough to do it some good for a diesel but i will have to trust the engineers that 192 is the best tempp to run the engine. 203 seems to be getting a little hot to me. $31 and some change from NAPA. KRISTOLSON, it did come with the housing just as you said it did. The mechanic did not take it out when he did the waterpump but he did clean mud from the radiator about hlf way up so the thermostat must have been stuck already and it was running the hotter temp due to restricted air flow.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Mine has run in the 187-190 degree range since new. I'd like to get a 203 degree but I don't think there is one avaliable for the 6.0.

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it fixed. You need all the heat you can get this time of year. When mine went it wouldn't even make it halfway to normal op temp on the factory guage.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my scan gauge II, Im showing water temp at 190 to 191 F anf the Engine Oil Temp at 7 - 10 Degress F above that. Is that normal?

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the thermostat stuck open I was only running about a 5 degree difference. Is that where you measeure the delta?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58