Water in Fuel light?

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a 14 page search and came up with nothing. After installing a TSperformance chip, the water in fuel light came on immediately (I had filled up at my normal station 5 miles earlier). I drove it around a bit and it didn't go off. I pulled the filter and found no water, I drained it anyway (found very minimal grime at the bottom of the housing yay) and it didn't go off. I then ran the tank all the way to the fuel light and filled up and it's still on. Checked the housing again, no water...I'm thinking bad sensor? Or is the WIF light a code that goes through the PCM that needs to be cleared....or could this be caused by the chip or improper cleaning of the J-port before installing the chip? Anyone have an International part number for the sensor? The only number I have is 1825806C92 but they listed it as some module that didn't sound right.
Jesse

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I've never seen the WIF light come on in my truck. I question whether it is even functional.

A long time ago, the engine used to sometimes buck or kick, even stalling if at idle. Occaisionally, the SES light would come on. I'd open the bowl drain for a few seconds and after that, it'd run fine.

Since I installed a pre-pump water sep/ fuel filter, it hasn't bucked/kicked since.
View attachment 9635

Last edited:

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id see if there iz a code and clear it, but never heard of havin 2 clear a WIF lite !!!

JMF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've got a TSperformance chip that wasn't built for my truck. If I plug it in, it will trun on the WIF light. When I unplug the chip, it goes out. Try that on yours. If it goes out, I'd call them to see if this is a problem they are having.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14