WATER in fuel p 1139

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last couple of day it has gotten pretty cold down in the mid 20's. I just filled my truck up Friday night. Saturday while I drove out to my parents house (about 40 miles) and let the truck set all day and night. On sunday when I was coming back I noticed poor driveablitity in my lower RPM ranger. It sounded like ity was missing. So today as the pop or miss had continued. I plugged in my tuner and it was showing a code of p1139( water in fuel). I put a new fuel filtyer and diesel 911 in the filter housing. After I put in the new filter and the diesel 911, it started smoking and missing really bad for about 20/30 mins. The truck even shut off a few times( like it ran out of fuel) already full tank, how long until this will correct itself? Is there anything else that I can do?

bonestroker

stroke it if you got it
Reaction score
you can do 1 of 2 things pour some more 911 in the tank or drop the tank. I just got done doing this to mine ,I had 1/4 " of ice in my tank.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep driving it and draining the fuel bowl every time it has set for a couple hours ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14