water in fuel

FORDNUT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
help
ihave 05 f250 with 65000 miles on it this is the first time that i have had the wif warning cone on i drained thehfcm like the manual said when i drove the truck it came back on with in 10 miles this time i went ahead and changed the filters and same results with in 10 miles warning came back on but when i would hit botton on dash warning would go off until shut truck off and takeoff again after leaving truck set two days got in drove 150 miles with no warning so what would cause this:dunno

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
This has been posted before, I believe by powerboatr. Do a search I think it took him a week to finally get it cleared up. Send him a pm, if he's not on tonight he'll be on in the morning

bryan

Black06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been struggling with the same thing on my 2006. Started at about 7,000 miles (before tuner installed), currently 14,000 miles and continues to this day. Bought HCFM to aid in the draining.

Approx. three (3) weeks ago, brought her in to the dealer regarding this issue (had some free time). Explained that it's been on for 7,000 + miles and that I've drained it several times.

Dealer service called me a couple hours later --- fixed (they said). Ask them what they did ? "Drained it" reply :sweet "Hope you're technique's better than mine -- I've done it 10+ times" I replied -mad

Drove her out of the parking lot (not even 1/4 mile) :roflmao , "WIF Light". Nice work boys !:roflmao . Service :dunno . There is no way they even started her to see if the light returned -mad

Still under warranty - expressed my displeasure - dealers gonna' take another kick at it. Will advise.

For now :burnit best vehicle I've ever owned. I can live with the "WIF Light" small annoyance.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
to piggy back
since my episode of pressurizing and draining, i have had zero issues with WIF light.
but i drained, pretty close to 2 galons of fuel. you may have to go through the drain,install a new filter, install cap and do the key on x3 to refill it, drain again, key on x3 again, drain, do this untill its pure fuel running out no littl epieces or gell, then change out the filter once again.

its expensive -mad , oriellies here has fuel filters for the best price, but warranty will not cover bad fuel, it only takes a little bit of water to screw it all up.

we put in 8 oz of power service now at every Full fill up over 30 gallons.
i geuss its making a big difference, i ahve had no more lights or fuel issues.

madkaw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
HCFM Manifold

Two weeks ago I had similar experince on return trip towing the camper. I drained it ten times or more before making it to a local Ford dealership where I showed the helpful mechanic the fuel I had drained an hour before. Fuel was crystal clear with no separation, water, or particulates. Mechanic said he had seen corroded sensors. Engine was running fine, so mech bet on faulty sensor. Drove home with no problems and took it to my prefered mech. Pulled off fuel manifold that bolts onto the HCFM and found marble size chunks of a thick gel all around the sensors. Ford has realized the fault prone fuel flow pattern on atleast '03 models, and has a replacement fuel manifold that has a diiferent flow pattern that doesn't encourage "sediment" build up in these areas. And it bypasses the use one of the old sensors with a new wiring harness.

My truck could lose 100lbs by now if I were to get rid of all the bypassed sensors! Its an easy, but dirty fix. If you should decided to do it yourself, park or jack the front end of the truck up so you don't get gravity fed fuel from the tank. You can re-use the old manifold if you clean it well enough, but plan on having to do it again down the road. :sweet

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue on my '04 which I have drained and changed the filters. Now how do I get the WIF light to go off? Is there a reset process or just disconnect the batteries?

Thanks
Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14