Water leak into passenger compartment

MPDXTREME

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
After washing my truck today I had a large amount of water on the floor mats and the carpet along the door sill was soaked. I pulled the kick panel, door sill, peeled back the carpet and one other piece of insulation that was wet. Is there a drain for the area under the cowl(?), the piece at the base of the windshield that has all the holes in it. I can pour a cup of water through all the little holes and then go inside the truck and there is a drip but I cant get under the dash far enough to see where it is comeing from.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Greg G

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After washing my truck today I had a large amount of water on the floor mats and the carpet along the door sill was soaked. I pulled the kick panel, door sill, peeled back the carpet and one other piece of insulation that was wet. Is there a drain for the area under the cowl(?), the piece at the base of the windshield that has all the holes in it. I can pour a cup of water through all the little holes and then go inside the truck and there is a drip but I cant get under the dash far enough to see where it is comeing from.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Greg G

You could remove the cowling and reseal all the pinch welds down in that area.. and/or.. reseal the lower Windshield rubber molding (most likely cause).

There are Silicone Windshield sealer kits available at most any store that has an Automotive section or, Auto Zone and the like.

Joe

OBTW ? WELCOME to SDD;tu

Last edited:

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before you pull everything apart make sure that your a/c condensate drain is not plugged up. you'll access it from the under side of the truck you should see a small rubber tube about 1/4" diameter & 6" long coming down from the blower box

Ok just re-read the post and since you can pour water on the cowling the above is a possible problem since some will go into the air box since your climate control fresh air intake is there also. however it is also possible that the body drains are plugged with dirt & rotted pinestraw & leaves especially if the truck gets parked outside. which will require pulling the cowling off which will give you a better idea.

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
I know that there is a cowl vent drain on the drivers side(I assume there's one on the pass also) you have to remove the plastic inner fender and it is a rubber "duck bill" shaped drain. Mine was plugged full of crap. Just used my finger to clean it out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58