water - meth injection

jopes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so looking to into doing this. what is considered a safe for the following conditions:

daily driving
towing 10k lbs

at what % is it become unsafe?

this would be in a 2001 7.3L

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what % is safe or unsafe. I know that most of the guys in the local truck pulling curcuit here that use water and/or meth injection are using it to bring down egt temps because of the amount of fuel they are injecting. It does also give a cleaner and more complete fuel burn. Myself I wouldn't use it for everyday use.

HOTROD

slowpoke
Reaction score
You do not want to run more than a 40% mix on the meth, the kit will be good for about 35-40 hp. CSIPSD runs a water/meth kit on his truck and has all the answers you need:sweet...The kit is good for towing and does a good job of keeping temps down while giving you a little power

Last edited:

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
the max safe mix is 50/50. more than 50% meth will cause knock. do you want lower EGT's, more power or both? For towing I would use a lower mix of meth. i put the stage 1 in my daily 2k, but only use it when i get a heavy foot. here's a link to the post-install pics...pics.

Last edited:

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont go more then 40% for DD... I run 20-30% most of the time. Only time I run 50% is when I am going for numbers on the dyno, the cooling effect is gone at anything more then 35-40% so then your just going for power. I run it everyday, day in and day out. When we tore down the motor with 120k, it still had X hatching in the cylinder walls! CLEAN! Feel free to fire any questions!

Deadman514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed this last night. Testing later today...

Now do you use washer fluid or something special to come up with the mix? I just ordered the Boost Juice from Jegs but I want something for the meantime.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14