Water Puddle Under My 97 PSD

slcragun

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well Enough is Enough :oops: , I have been reading thru this forum for a couple of months now and am finally ready to make my FIRST post, I have noticed a puddle of water under my rig the last few days and it appears to be condensation from the AC that is dripping off the tank, I have not noticed this before and the temps here have been normal (60-70 degrees) Is this normal or am I missing something :dunno

Thanks, Scott

p.s. I was going to post this ? over at TDS but I have grown tired of posts that are created just to start arguments and it appears that all the people who's opinions that I have put some value to over the last year have moved over here...............so here I am :hail :hail :thanks

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well welcome aboard!

Im pretty new also, but I like it here:)

As far as your puddle...... I dont know much about that. My truck never has done that, not that I know of.

Hope somone can chime in.
-Stouff

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use the air or defrost on warm days it will drip.Welcome to the site

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
if its from the AC i wouldnt worry... but if ya wanna be sure check to see if your ac is blow out between 40 and 50 (i believe thats the norm). if its not then you could take it to someone to check the system... remember run ac at least once a month for 10 mins to keep it in best condition (yes even in winter!)

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Scott, how humid is it where you are? The condensation drip will be more significant the more humid it is. Mine drips a little sometimes but I live in a very dry climate. The puddle I see is usually just in front and slightly inside of the passenger front tire.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome Scott, glad to have you here at SDD. I agree with you and the rest, its condensation coming off the evap/accum. Has the humidity changed in your area?

edit; Tx addressed the humidity whilst I was pecking away at the keyboard.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the sight.

and more than likely condensation however playing devil's advocate it could be your heater core leaking which will leak out in the same place. Easy test is to smell & taste if it is antifreeze it will have a sweet taste, and a finger tip of antifreeze taste will not kill you, but I wouldn't advise a full on lick of the pavement. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58