Question Water Pump Bolt sizes

dpantazis

Reaction score
Anyone know the specs on the water pump bolts?

Which ones are the long ones and which ones are the short ones?

I discovered that I am 'missing' a couple of bolts- don't ask. I did not do it. I spent a few bucks in a small town hardware store tonite for a couple of metric studs, cap nuts, jamb nuts and washers. franken-fixed enough to get home. stimulus money i figure..

IHC? BigJoe? BJS? anyone?

thanks

dp

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off the Top ? Can't help ya with the specific lengths & numbers of each Dennis.. but you can tell by the thickness/depth of the journal castings.. on the water-pump. Tighten them down good.. then check & re-tighten after a couple'a warm-up/shut downs, if needed.. :dunno

Joe

You could back-out, one of each remaining.. to get a size & length ?

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No he doesn't say what size bolt. But you can see them in vid 4 and get an idea where they go when he puts them in. Maybe the Ford parts dept. can help out. They do sell new bolts WITH the pump (as showed in the vid)...maybe they sell them seperatly:dunno

dpantazis

Reaction score
joe-

somehow i am missing 2 bolts already. one i think never was in there to begin with, no marks on the casting. i am not happy with the mechanic i took it to to change it out. but yes, i thought of pulling one to check the size. for now, i stuck in a couple of long setscrews and washers and jamb nuts to get it snug. i don;t like studs in this application, but they'll work fine until i tenderfoot it home. the leak is minimal now.

i don't care for the youtube boob wrenching. i don't care for googling for info. i will ask those/where i know and trust the info is good. its not worth the time or effort. i can google too...

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joe-

somehow i am missing 2 bolts already. one i think never was in there to begin with, no marks on the casting. i am not happy with the mechanic i took it to to change it out. but yes, i thought of pulling one to check the size. for now, i stuck in a couple of long setscrews and washers and jamb nuts to get it snug. i don;t like studs in this application, but they'll work fine until i tenderfoot it home. the leak is minimal now.

i don't care for the youtube boob wrenching. i don't care for googling for info. i will ask those/where i know and trust the info is good. its not worth the time or effort. i can google too...

I hear ya Dennis

I've used All-Threads, cut to length.. then Nuts'n washers to conjur up manya fix.. whilst.. between a Rock'n a Hard spot... on the road.. basically what you've done.

Worked fo me.. Hope you get home with no hassles ;tu

Joe

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
No he doesn't say what size bolt. But you can see them in vid 4 and get an idea where they go when he puts them in. Maybe the Ford parts dept. can help out. They do sell new bolts WITH the pump (as showed in the vid)...maybe they sell them seperatly:dunno

that's a right handy piece of information right there..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58