Water pump help

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
hello.

I need some help er how-to-with-pictures. I am not understanding what parts I need to loosen to get the fan off. and I think I saw some were the pump goes back on with 15ft pounds??? thats it??? Should I get a ford replacemt. I learned the hard way with my ball joint to not go with the valuecrud from autozone.

please help I need to drive the truck to make money. and not get fired.

please:hail

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have all-data DIY ofr the 6.0 if thats what you have
ill send you shots/diagrams of the process for it.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
sorry. Its my 7.3 99 but would the fan come off the same?? what do you think I should use for a replacment???

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
almost done. now I know why they sell the thermostat housing. man that thing was nasty, and when I went to check for leaks guess were it leaks from. now I have to wait for a ride to the parts store. I am thinking its just the thermostats gasket is to old to keep it sealed. but I wonder if they sell the housing at the parts store?? not a lot of play in the shaft but definity time to go. 100K not bad?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
A new thermostat gasket is about a must. If the new gasket doesn't fix it you can add a little silicone to get you by until you can get a new housing.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
thanks. didnt know there was a gasket there. unfortunatly I had lost a lot of colant when I went to change it. I wish I new that before I did this. There was no sand in the filter but a hole lot of sludge. Ill be putting the filter back on when I get the ball valves and new filter in the mail tomorrow. I guess I might have had too much SCA in my coolant after too long of not having any. a piece of cardboard goes a long way in helping not messing up the radiator.

mods you can remove from the 911 section now

Diezel Dawg

vvv Real NW Truck
Reaction score
the gasket on the thermostat is an oring, and u might want to change out the thermostat housing too, those are a one time use. Get a billet housing from on line, they are much better designed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58