Weak IPR coil?

aldo_45030

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i park on an incline the truck will not start when hot. .....then again it does the same thing when on flat. but i can almost be for certain when i park in my driveway with the nose pointing to the sky it will not start back up. questions are as follows:
is the ipr normally at max pressure or zero pressure when the coil is not energized?
What is the resistance of the coil? can it be tested?
Is it possible something is in the reservoir which could cover the end of the ipr?
is there a way to use a multi meter to determine if there is a signal present at the ipr?
does anyone have a spare coil i can have, barrow or buy?
I have disassembled the ipr itself as far as possible without the special tools and it seems to be fine. no dings or burrs and moves freely.
I realize it could also be a sensor not sending a signal to the idm so if i can verify a a signal at the ipr i can then check behind the connector and work backwards from there.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
There are no special tools needed to disassemble the IPR. Pipe wrench and a vise to hold the nut. Did you tear it down to the point of cleaning the small needle and orifice? If not then that's where you need to clean.

You need to have 500psi of HPO to start. I can't remember what the drain issue is caused by on inclines, hopefully someone will chime in before I find it somewhere.

I check the IPR signal and duty cycle with my scan tool.

aldo_45030

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took her down that far everything looks fine. As far as drain back .... i checked the tank it is full when it won't start....no clues so far and no scan tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14